Purchase the book Arranging Music for the Real World and Vince will answer your questions concerning arranging and orchestration FREE!
ARRANGING MUSIC FOR THE REAL WORLD
by Vince Corozine
Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc.
- Learn the tricks that great arrangers know
- Listen to musical examples performed by professionals
- The secret of arranging for small ensembles
- Here is a book that is helping musicians
- The only book that combines a study of both classical and commercial practices of writing and arranging music.
Arranging Music for the Real World" comes with a CD that contains fifty-one examples from the book. This book may be used for courses in orchestration and arranging. It is unique in its design and approach. This content-rich book is the only book that attempts to bridge the gap between common practice (classical music) and commercial music.
This book presents aspects of music not usually found in the standard books on orchestration and arranging, and cites examples from both the classical and commercial repertoire. Part one presents an overview of arranging principles, while part two emphasizes writing music for one and two parts.
The approach to writing for small ensembles makes this book practical and realistic for today's contemporary musician. Important musical concepts are highlighted throughout the book and the book is user friendly!
Learn the skills to help you succeed in the music business.
UNIQUE ASPECTS OF THE BOOK
- Compares aspects from both classical and commercial repertoires.
- Contains 127 musical examples, with fifty-one recorded examples on a CD that illustrate the concepts presented.
- Important arranging concepts are highlighted for easy recognition.
- Clarifies various approaches to writing music clearly and effectively for large and small ensembles.
- Includes a brief history of orchestration.
- Contains writing assignments at the end of each chapter with suggested solutions.
- Part 2 emphasizes the practicality of writing for small ensembles.
- Musical examples may be downloaded.